Vent silencers are used in conjunction with systems that utilize a pressure relief valve (PRV). Typical applications for vent silencers are in oil and gas, industrial and chemical processing, heat recovery systems and steam boilers. Universal AET’s vent silencers are used around the world in many applications. We have particular expertise as a supplier of steam vent silencers for industrial applications and blowdown silencers for gas compression stations.
HV Series vent silencers effectively silence high-velocity air, steam and gas vents, and blowdowns to atmospheres in which sonic or critical conditions exist in the valve. Typical applications include steam boiler relief valves, superheater header relief valves, boiler startup and purge high-pressure air vents, natural gas blowdowns, switch valves, compressor blowoffs, autoclaves and steam ejectors.
A Complete Solution
Universal AET’s extensive in-house engineering, manufacturing and testing facilities ensure a superior single-process mechanical and acoustic solution for any application. We make the process more efficient by eliminating the need to shop multiple places for system components.
Contact Us for Information, Orders
Vent and blowdown silencers are seldom a simple catalog selection. Usually, the purchaser provides detailed specifications and a system description that enables us to design a custom solution. An even easier way is to simply send us the valve manufacturer’s data sheet for a vent, and our experienced sales staff will recommend the silencer best suited for the application. Our vent silencer customer specification sheet makes the collection of necessary data easy. Just email us at email@example.com or call 608-873-4272.
Standard Features on All Vent Silencers
Both the annular ring and Acousti-Tube™ vent silencers have:
- Inlet plenum covered with outer acoustic wrap and lag shell highly absorptive fiberglass acoustic fill
- Heavy-gauge perforated face sheets
- Inlet nozzle and diffuser with flange drilled to 150# ANSI standards
- Lifting lugs and bottom drain heavy-duty welded steel construction
- High-heat aluminum paint system
- Vertical or horizontal installation
- High-efficiency acoustic pack
- All-welded steel outer shell
- Lower chamber insulation (except HV5 and HV10)
- Designed for optimum space considerations
- Pack retention with pre-compression
- Inlet diffuser, depending on application
Optional Features on All Vent Silencers
- High-temperature acoustic fill material construction options such as stainless steel, Monel and Hastelloy
- Inspection openings
- Mounting brackets and other special supports
- Outlet head and nozzle-restrictive diffuser built to ASME Section VIII, Division I, to maintain back pressure or control
- Blowdown time elbows, tailpipes and weatherhoods
- Special paints
- Side inlet